Pages

Ads 468x60px

Monday, December 19, 2011

Build Your Own Castle in Paradise

       





I always obey my passions and desires
Till I enslave myself
If I were satisfied with everything I have
I would surely be the one who’s free

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah wa barakatuh.

      My dear sisters in Islam, how have you been? I hope you are doing great and in the good state of imaan. It has been a long time since I wrote the last article on my blog. Hope you forgive me because I was busy with my studies and exams. :)

      My lovely sisters, have you ever heard the story of Asiyah r.a (May Allah be pleased with her), the wife of Pharaoh (Fir’aun)? She is one of the best righteous women in the world. Her obedience and persistence are incredible. Indeed, Allah has praised her in the Holy Qur’an:

“And Allah has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir’aun (Pharaoh), when she said: ‘My Lord! Build for me a home with you in Paradise, and save me from Fir’aun (Pharaoh) and his work, and save me from the people who are Zalimun (wrong-doers and disbeliever in Allah).” At-Tahrim : 11.
      
    Just ponder how Allah made this wonderful woman as a living example for every Muslim woman. Imagine when Allah made her to be a holy symbol for those who want to get guidance and hold Allah’s rule in this life.

    How smart and sincere this woman was. She was always praying to be the neighbor of Allah-The Greatest- in heaven. She took precedence over her position in heaven rather than living in the Fir’aun's castle. Even she wanted to free herself from her obedience to the dictator. She also rejected to live luxuriously with Fir’aun and his servants. She only wanted an eternal palace, much better, and more beautiful in Allah’s side. She just wanted to be placed in heaven where there are beautiful gardens and lovely rivers in it.
   
    Indeed, she was a great woman whose persistence and honesty had encouraged her to be bravely against her husband-who is a dzalim dictator- with statements of truth. Therefore, she was punished because she preserved her imaan (faith). Then, Allah made her an example for every muslimah till the end of the day. Allah also praises her in the Qur’an because of her courage to go against her husband.

    SubhanAllah, how noble this woman was. Now, how about us? May Allah give us power and strength to follow her to be righteous women and gather us in the castle of heaven where therein are beautiful gardens and rivers.
Ameen Ya Rabbal Alameen.

With love,
Fatima Zahra. :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Please leave your comments here :)